The SmartMOVE project addresses sustainable mobility management in high-traffic locations in Ljubljana, the country’s busiest transport hub. More than 120,000 people commute to work every day to the capital, which comprises a quarter of all jobs in Slovenia. The Ljubljana urban region is therefore the area with the highest traffic in the country and, consequently, the highest negative mobility externalities in Slovenia. The project aims to limit the negative environmental impacts resulting from unsustainable forms of mobility.
The main objective of the SmartMOVE project is to introduce and promote sustainable mobility in companies and organisations. The project is based on leveraging and empowering employees and employers to take a turn towards sustainable mobility. Central to this is the development of mobility plans that recognise shared mobility as a new approach to sustainable mobility and justify the need to develop infrastructure for it. In this context, a system of dynamic group transfers will be piloted as a new sustainable alternative to existing commuting modalities. A specialised SmartMOVE Sustainable Mobility Certificate will be designed with a methodology to identify the state of employee mobility and set targets at organisational or company level. In the final phase of the project, recommendations for strategic politics in the field of sustainable mobility will also be developed.
The expected results of the project are:
– The design of mobility plans for five organisations employing a large number of people and located at transport intersections or for which transport arrangements are of particular environmental importance.
– Establishment and pilot testing of dynamic group transport as a new commuting modality.
– Raising awareness and empowering employers and employees to turn to sustainable mobility
– Design of a sustainable mobility certificate
– Development of recommendations for strategic orientations in the field of sustainable mobility for policy makers and formulating proposals for improving the existing integrated transport strategy of the Ljubljana Urban Region.
Project duration: May 1st 2022 – April 30th 2024